On occasion, the Trinova Group (Trinova) may receive a complaint about the provision of services. It is Trinova’s policy to handle any complaint promptly and courteously. All complaints will be treated seriously. In accordance with FCA DISP 1, Trinova has put in place procedures for the handling and review of complaints and to ensure that such complaints are handled properly and are resolved in a prompt and timely manner, taking into account the complainant’s interests. The FCA defines a complaint as any oral or written expression of dissatisfaction, whether justified or not, from or on behalf of a person about the provision of, or failure to provide, a financial service or a redress determination, which alleges that the complainant has suffered (or may suffer) financial loss, material distress or material inconvenience.
Making a Complaint
A complainant who has a complaint should do so in writing using one of the following methods:
1. Via email: email@example.com
2. Via post: Head of Compliance, Trinova Real Estate, The Aspect, 12 Finsbury Square, London, EC2A 1AS.
How We Will Handle Your Complaint
Upon receipt of a complaint the Global Head of Compliance, or an appropriate member of the Compliance Team, will promptly commence investigation and will acknowledge the complaint in writing within a timely manner and without any unnecessary delay. Trinova will also notify the complainant of the person handling the complaint as part of the acknowledgment.
During the investigation of the complaint, Trinova will regularly update the complainant in writing on the progress of the investigation. Trinova will handle all complaints in accordance with the following four principles:
- Trinova will conduct a transparent review process for the complainant;
- No additional costs or fees will be incurred by the complainant as a result of their complaint;
- Trinova will adopt an objective approach to the investigation of the complaint; and
- Trinova will conduct its investigation of the complaint and will communicate progress to the complainant in a timely manner. Following the conclusion of Trinova’s investigation, Trinova will provide a written response to the complainant, notifying them of the outcome of the investigation and the actions proposed to resolve the complaint.
Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS)
If the complainant is not satisfied with the resolution or response given by Trinova, the complainant can refer the matter to the FOS. The FOS provides a free, independent and unbiased assessment of complaints referred to it.
The FOS can be contacted directly via the following contact details:
Financial Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower London
Telephone: 0800 0234567
Direct link: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/make-complaint
The Ombudsman can only consider a case when Trinova’s own complaints procedure has been exhausted. The Ombudsman’s findings are generally regarded as binding, however, the complainant is still able to take private legal action if they do not agree with the Ombudsman’s conclusion.